Friday, December 19, 2008

New wake-up call

Last week Anna woke me up with a new greeting: "Mommy, come here! I want you!" She started off quietly and then worked her way up to a volume she was sure I could hear. It was 6:30 am on the weekend at my mom's house. I rolled over, laughed to myself, and smiled and thought she sure is getting smart! What mom can resist that kind of a wake-up call? I actually resisted for about 30 more minutes while I "rested my eyes" and let her sing and talk in her crib. She has continued to give me similar wake-up calls but thankfully not all at that hour.

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is really sweet. I love to wake up to my boys right beside me and rubbing my face, kissing me and just being close. I LOVE to smell them first thing in the morning, unless of course Eli has on a stinky!! LOL! Enjoy these little moments b/c they go by so very quickly!